Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lost

My heart seems so often to be more interested in what is lost than what has been found.....looking outward.....looking ahead.....looking beyond wondering about another child I haven't met yet....still to be rescued.....

Maybe I'm like the woman with 10 coins, who searches the house for just one misplaced penny.....worthless to most, not worth the effort but if I can't find something that is missing I can't rest until I've upturned everything in its pursuit. If it still is not found I'm unsettled and frustrated, longing for its retrieval....

This house of boys has upturned so much - What was once important pales, and what is now important really matters.Priorities exist but they are now in a different order - with more meaning and relevance.

What you value determines what you do with yourself, your time, your money, your effort.....and so it is now with these children - My life may feel upside down and my heart inside out.....but what was once lost in me has truly been found and made more significant in the searching.....

No comments:

Post a Comment